The application timeline is typically as follows:
- March: Application opens
- May 17: Applications due by 6:00 PM PT
- May 17 – June 15: Applications are reviewed and finalists are contacted
- June 15: Deadline for finalists to be contacted
- June 15 – June 30: Finalist interviews conducted
- June 30: Final ten recipients announced
To learn about past scholarship recipients, click here.
Scholarships will be awarded and may be used only in accordance with Fire Family Foundation’s Scholarship Guidelines.
1. Complete the application below by adding your personal and academic information.
2. Save and upload each of the following documents as separate PDF files. Each document should follow the file name format: LastName_FirstName_DocumentType (e.g. Smith_Jane_Transcripts, Smith_Jane_Essay, etc.):
- Scholarships or grants (List scholarships that you have received. Indicate name, date and amount.)
- Transcripts (GPA provided must match cumulative GPA listed on transcript.)
- Resume (For the past 4 years only. Include total number of hours committed per year and any leadership positions related to each experience or activity.)
- Essay response to the following prompt (Response must not exceed 500 words and should use proper grammar and spelling):
"Describe a major challenge you have overcome. Do you think you would have approached the problem differently if you had not grown up with a firefighter parent? Reflect on how this experience will help you succeed in the future."
3. Review your application below and ensure everything is correct. Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email if your application had been submitted successfully.
4. If you have any questions, please email Scholarships@FireFamilyFoundation.org using the subject line "Scholarship Question -- [Your Name]."
Deadline: Monday, May 17, 2021 at 6:00 PM PT
If I am selected as a scholarship winner and in consideration thereof, I understand, agree and hereby grant permission to Fire Family Foundation to use my likeness and name in announcing and promoting this scholarship program. I understand and agree that Fire Family Foundation is solely responsible for the selection of the scholarship winners and its decision is final. I have completed the Scholarship Application and have attached the requisite verification documents. I certify that the information is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge. I understand and agree that falsification of information will result in termination of the Fire Family Foundation 2021 Scholarship. In submitting this application, I agree to the above terms and conditions.