You can make a difference for firefighters in need from home!
It’s easy—just get some friends, family, and coworkers together for a virtual event fundraiser. If you’ve ever thrown a birthday party, participated in a holiday donation drive at work, or even created a fundraiser on Facebook, our virtual events program is for you! Even if you haven’t, a willingness to help is all you need.
Individual Program Overview
Corporate Program Overview
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL FUNDRAISER?
A virtual fundraiser happens online. It's completely organized and hosted by an amazing volunteer supporter or partner organization: that's YOU! The Foundation has limited direct involvement, but don't worry—our Virtual Event Guide (download below) has event ideas, fundraising tips, social media marketing tips, and more.
Some example virtual events:
WHY HOST A FUNDRAISER?
Virtual fundraisers are one of the best ways to directly impact firefighter families facing hardship. For example, donations to the Foundation allowed us to support Ricky, a former firefighter with PTSD, by paying for several months of car payments while he sought treatment:
If you’re an individual supporter or community group:
- Show firefighters how much you appreciate their hard work, especially during the current pandemic.
- Have fun with friends & family while also supporting our COVID-19 heroes!
- Directly help a firefighter family in need. Donations to the Foundation never pay for overhead costs, they always go directly towards our programs: financial aid to firefighter families in need; disaster relief to firefighters; grants to other fire charities; and scholarships to firefighters' children.
If you’re a company partner:
- Show customers and the community how much your company cares about the first responders on the front lines of the pandemic.
- Boost employee satisfaction and morale by supporting a good cause.
- Reach new customers and an expanded network by aligning with the worthy, timely, and non-controversial cause of helping firefighters.
- Build a closer relationship with a nonprofit partner.
LEARN MORE: Click here to download our comprehensive Virtual Events Guide!